Young Adult/Middle Grade Fiction - maximum length 3,000 words. One complete short story or novel excerpt on any subject written by adults for young adult or middle grade readers.
1. General formatting - Entries must be typed, double spaced, in 12-point legible font (e.g. Times New Roman), with margins set at 1 inch on all sides, with 1/2 inch indentations, and submitted as a .doc, .docx, or .pdf.
2. All entries should have a title on the top of the first page. Each following page should have the title (or shortened title) at either the upper left or right corner with the page number.
3. To ensure confidentiality, do not put author's name on manuscript.
4. All entries must be original and unpublished or unproduced. Being posted on a web site is not considered publication if there was no payment involved.
5. Only one prize will be awarded to a winner in any category.
6. Fee per entry is $10 per entry for members of Willamette Writers and $15 per entry for non-members. Note: Contest fees are non-refundable.
7. You may enter more than one category and submit more than one entry in each category.
8. Submissions will be judged anonymously and judges' decisions will be final. Judges reserve the right to withhold prizes in any category if entries do not meet their standards.
9. We will email you at the email address you provide. If you do not respond within two weeks of that email, your entry may be disqualified.
10. We do not ask for exclusive submissions. However, please withdraw your submission if it is published or wins another contest prior to May 1, 2019.
People not eligible to enter:
1. First, second, and third place winners of the last two (2) Kay Snow Writing Contests.
2. Officers and board members and their family members, staff and contractors and their family members, chapter chairs and their family members, and program leads and their family members.