The Timberline Review welcomes new work from established and emerging writers. Short fiction, creative nonfiction, essay, flash fiction and poetry will be considered.
A few things to keep in mind:
- There’s no hard rule about word count, but anything over 5,000 words may be difficult to include in our publication. For poetry, you may submit up to five poems per entry.
- Work must be previously unpublished. We will accept simultaneous submissions, although we ask you to please let us know as soon as possible if you choose to publish elsewhere. All submissions must be in the English language.
- If your work is accepted for publication, The Timberline Review will request First North American Serial Rights, and reserves the right to publish your accepted work online.
- Only electronic submissions will be considered. We will consider only those submissions received on or before midnight (PST) April 30, 2017, for the Summer/Fall 2017 issue. Entries received after the deadline may be considered for the following issue.
- Judging will be anonymous. Please ensure all information identifying the author is removed from your submission. Title page should include only the title of your work.
- All writers will be notified of their status by email when decisions have been made.
- The Timberline Review staff and Willamette Writers board members are not eligible for publication, nor are their immediate families.
- Each published contributor will receive a payment of $25 and one copy of the publication.